Just the 3 of us for a bit longer...

A friend recently told me that it seems like all we do is go on hikes! And while I assure you that is not true, hiking has been a more regular Saturday activity now that the weather is cooler. So despite the fact that I am now 36 weeks pregnant, we went on another short hike this morning.

There is a trail from our village leading to Nam Shan Park. We started to explore it back in the summer but due to lots of overgrown grass and mosquitos, we didn't get very far. The trail has been cleared recently and the bugs are mostly hiding, so off we went. And we discovered that only 1 kilometer away is...

GRASS!!!

And lots of shaded space to run and play.

Of course, there is still water buffalo poop.

But Josiah did great walking all the way up by himself and I am super excited to be able to take the boys on picnic hikes by myself in a few months. And to lay on a blanket in the grass with Daniel and let Josiah delight himself in the grass and dirt.

Of course, we did walk up at the pace of picking up sticks, but that is part of the fun for Josiah. Also, you can't sing if you're walking too fast!



We played in the picnic area for a while.

And someday we'll have to make use of the BBQ facilities.

This is the beginning of Josiah's "Let me tell you something..."

Well, let me tell you something... I am SO THANKFUL that we wound up living where we do. There are certainly some inconveniences to living in a village in Mui Wo, but I love that we live near all this nature, despite the fact that Hong Kong is generally a concrete city. Josiah is happy about it too!

I'm also thankful that my Taylor sweatshirt fits over my belly!

I attempted a self-portrait shot with Josiah, but he was too busy sweeping. He did lots of sweeping leaves with sticks this morning.

After about an hour of just playing, we put Josiah in the backpack with a snack and headed a bit further up the mountain to collect some pine cones.

And saw some holly berries.

Anyway, it was a super fun morning! Also, Nathan was nice enough to tie my boot while up at the park, even though he told me at home that if I couldn't get my boots on by myself then I shouldn't be hiking!

Comments

  1. Loved this post. I'm ready to come hiking with you...when there are 4 of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let me tell you something." Does a story follow those words? (Does he make it up as he talks?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I wish I could apply Nathan's theory to my life... like if I can't get up in the morning I shouldn't go to work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are so cute. I'm so happy you are happy! Praying for Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment