Miscellaneous

1. Nathan took Josiah to the library today and got a library card. The library still had Nathan's information from 1993. But because Nathan did not have his library card from 1993, he had to pay a card replacement fee. Of course, if he had never had a library card, he would have gotten it for free. So lesson learned... if you ever live in HK and you think you might live in HK again, keep your library card!

2. Daniel will not fall asleep nursing. He screams and arches his back if I try to nurse him when he's tired. Thankfully, he falls asleep on his own pretty well. But if he is super tired and super hungry, he must fall asleep for about 15 minutes before he is able to nurse. Then he will eat in his sleep.

3. I always thought it was hard to make brownies from scratch. I don't know why I thought that because it is false. And brownies from scratch are better.

4. Today we had 9 women in Bible study: 1 American, 1 Australian, 1 Indian, 1 Filipino, 1 Honduran, 1 ethnic Chinese from the Philippines, 1 ethnic Chinese/Taiwanese from England, 1 Mainland Chinese, and 1 Mainland Chinese who is a US Permanent Resident. None of us are from Hong Kong, but here we are. I am thankful that despite our diverse backgrounds, we can connect for encouragement, prayer, fellowship, and spiritual growth.

5. There are currently 10 blue post-in notes on the wall under the clock that have recorded Daniels napping and nursing schedule for the past 10 days. If I write down what happens, instead of relying on my memory, I do much better at knowing what needs to happen next. Also, I need to try and keep Daniel's schedule meshing well with when Josiah needs to get dropped off and picked up from school. Biking with a screaming baby is no fun.

6. I love mango.

7. My Mainland Chinese US Permanent Resident friend has a baby who is 9 days younger than Daniel. And since the weather has gotten warmer, the two boys are dressed completely opposite. Daniel never wears long sleeves anymore and I rarely bother to put socks on him. Sometimes he's in shorts, sometimes pants. Caleb, however, is always in long-sleeved footie pajamas with a hat on. Sometimes he has another layer of clothes over the footie pajamas. Always the hat. My friend and I laugh about our cultural differences, while also being slightly self-conscious that our kids may be over (her) and under (me) dressed. Thankfully both boys are happy and healthy!

8. If you did not read Nathan's train story in the recent Clifton Update email, go read it.

9. Just to clarify, the pictures in the last post were not from vacation. Just from a normal Sunday afternoon. Apparently there are perks to being a missionary in Southeast Asia. :)

10. The end.


Comments

Post a Comment