Sunday

Sunday we went to church, like normal. And unlike the normal of the last 2 months, I did not teach Sunday School. Instead, Nathan and I lead worship together and it was a nice to actually be in the service for once! So since I was not completely exhausted from jumping up and down with 10 two and three year olds for an hour and a half, we decided to stay in Tung Chung for lunch and to buy Josiah some new shoes.

We bought the shoes and ate at Food Republic, which is Nathan's food heaven on earth. Assuming that food in heaven is truly better than food on earth... it should be, right? Anyway, I don't have a picture of Food Republic but it is a large food court with about 20 different stands of food from all over Asia. Do you want Korean? Malaysian? Or maybe noodles specifically from Shanghai? You get the idea.

After we ate, I stayed at the food court with Daniel so that he could sleep and nurse while Nathan took Josiah down to the fountain. Josiah is the little one at the corner of the water area.

For the next half hour, our first-born entertained crowds of people. Seriously.

His picture is now on so many cameras and phones and iPads.

A lot of tourists from the mainland come to this location to shop and watching the little half-naked white boy play in the fountain was probably a highlight of their shopping experience.

But it was hard not to smile watching the pure JOY on his face. By the way, you are only seeing the crowd on one side of the fountain at one point during Josiah's show. The little performer skillfully ignored all the attention he was getting while also being fully aware and loving every minute of it.

So of course he fell asleep on the bus ride home.

Which is problematic only because we then need to bike the rest of the way home.

So Nathan gave him a seatbelt on the family bike. See his new crocs? He loves them. And they are great for playing in fountains. Also see my can of nestea? He loves that too.

Josiah woke up pretty soon after we got the bungee cord around him, but this little one stayed asleep. (Yes, that is a BabyBjorn. My thoughts on the Bjorn vs. the Ergo vs. the Moby in another post.)

I have been meaning to write a post about our bikes and the various ways we transport ourselves and our children. This is now my only way since my 2-wheeled bike with the child seat on the back was stolen while Nathan was in Vietnam.

But since I wear Daniel when I bike, 3 wheels is probably safer. Unfortunately, also slower. Pretty soon we'll put a seat on the bench for Daniel and then I won't have to wear him. We still plan to replace the other bike though.

There's Nathan's bike on the left. It might seem to make sense for Nathan to ride the Family Bike with Josiah while I ride his bike with Daniel, except that I have to lean over too much on his bike. To wear a child and ride a bike, you kinda need to be sitting completely straight! Oh, and our house is the white one with the red roof to the right of my bike. Middle floor.

We got home about 3:00 and so after hours of carrying a baby and a guitar and a wet 3-year-old, we were pretty tired. :) So Nathan and I took pictures of cute things while Josiah watched a movie.

Cute.


Cute.

Cute.

And since we got 10% off if we bought two pair of crocs,
we had to get these little ones as well. :) Cute.

Comments

  1. "The little performer skillfully ignored all the attention he was getting while also being fully aware and loving every minute of it." - That's a wonderful description of the boy and the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Makes me want to move to the "willage" so I can get in great shape riding a tricycle just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that comment was by Auntie Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh heaven help me, Daniel is just a little man! :) So cute! I can only imagine the amazingness of the fountain experience! LOVE seeing the crowd enjoying your future evangelist! He'll start by dance and joy in the fountain and then begin speaking the love of Jesus to all those people! I can sooo see it in his future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great post. that boy is such a HAM! I love it bad! and the baby crocks, i was ooing and aaing all over the place when I saw them. so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute family brings just a bit of joy and energy back to my overwhelmed, weary soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a picture of sweet abandon....and cute is really an understatement..

    ReplyDelete
  8. ITS AMAZING how you bike!! you're such a super mom :) btw, id love to hear your thoughts on whats the best product to use when wearing a baby. haha. thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment