Food

We seem to be making progress on eating food. There was a day last week when I was so excited about the little mouth that was eagerly opening and swallowing that I wrote on his baby calendar. But I think I lied because the next day he wanted nothing to do with whatever was on the spoon. However, if I do succeed in slipping the spoon through his tightly closed little lips he will usually go ahead and swallow instead of spitting it out.




This is the self-feeder that we use fairly often and have had success with. However, it is very messy, so he only gets it before bath time. Since he can pretty much just suck the banana (or whatever) out of the little mesh bag, he's likes it. I am perfectly happy to continue nursing for several more months, I just have to keep telling myself that there is no rule that kids will want solids at 4 months. And I have a feeling that one day he'll just decide to jump from milk to steak... with or without teeth!



And that is my fat and happy baby!

Comments

  1. fat happy baby indeed... but you forgot adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy" The operative word is "happy baby". We like happy babies. (I'm ready to play with the fat and happy baby.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment