Rain!

Across the street there is a little boy 2 months younger and much more mellow than Josiah. I watch with envy as his mom just sits in their drive way and he stays within a 10 foot radius of her. He never runs through the middle of their bushes or around the side of the house or picks up rocks to throw or eat. I got a feel for the delightfulness this mom must experience this morning as Josiah and I stayed on the porch and watched the rain. Though eventually he did run out into the rain and was headed into the bushes before I grabbed him. And really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Video 1:
(Interpretation... at the beginning Josiah points to the bug on the ground and says "ant." Then the bug flies away and he says "bumblebee." After that his main exclamation is "rain!")


Video 2: Rain Dance!

And some pictures...


Comments

  1. Its neat to see his sheer delight in simple stuff--an "ant" or the rain. He is being introduced to the world and he loves it (usually)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "throw rocks", "eat rocks", "head into the bushes", and "start fires". Oh, wait, he's not started any fires? Good! That means I still have one mischievous act on my resume that Joe does not yet have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment