"Never have I ever...

...worn a costume for Halloween." ~Josiah

Poor Josiah. Two years of life and no costume. It's sad, really. It's just that we haven't had any real reason to dress him up the past two years. And (don't be offended) I'm not a fan of buying a silly little dog or monkey costume for him and saying he's dressed up. If you're going to be in costume, you have to be creative. You have to look in your closet and say, "There's a random brown cape, I think I will be a wolf and my roommate Grace can be a little pig." What's the fun otherwise? And since I have had no outlet for any creatively these last two years there has been none.

However, I do hope that the first sentence of this post is not still true by the time Josiah goes to college and has to play the silly "Never Have I Ever" game. Otherwise his new classmates might think his parents were weird and he'll never have friends.

So just to prove that we aren't weird, and do indeed embrace fun costumes, here are some pictures from past Octobers...

2005. Best Ever.
Goodbye our Fall Friends. We must chop you.
I love a good disguise costume.

2006.
Our counterparts. Intentional this year.
If only Nathan was shorter.
Miss you, friends!

2007. Definitely last minute. And creepy.

2008.
Ok. I guess Josiah has had a costume.

And now for an assortment of pictures that you might think would be related to Halloween, but aren't. They are, oddly enough, all related to ministry. Except the last one. That's just funny, even after all these years.

Andrews Sisters
Scary Preacher Dude
Hillbilly Musicians
Crazed Youth Pastor
Army Drum Core
Mr. Pumblechook and friends.

I've had my bag of candy corn for the year, so I hope you all enjoy your newly acquired or leftover candy! Maybe next year there will be a new costume on this blog!

Comments

  1. We love these pictures - GREAT memories! We love you guys, too!

    - D&L

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great--I remember most of these pics, tho I must say Shannon you have kept your talents (between marine percussion and USO fav) hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another thing--you've probably got a lot of opportunities between now and the time he might say such a quote. I think the best costumes he will have on will be the ones he understands and participates in. You are going to have a lot of those in his future, LW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josiah's costume in 2008 was great. Better than the Jack-o-lantern face painted on the expectant mom's belly (as we recently saw on TV).

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the costume memories were great. Shannon you are very creative because I think the jack-o-lantern in 2008 was the greatest!! I think you should have posted the one where you were standing between two jack-o-lantern heads. That one was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't checked your blog in a little while, and look what I miss!!!

    I love pumblechook. it still cracks me up, those layers of makeup. and somehow nathan managed to have basically that same look on his face for every single picture anyone took from after that play. must have been holding it for a good hour. what an actor! what a face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment