Jok Nei Saang Yat Fi Lok!

Today was my birthday. And it was great. Let me tell you about it...

I bought a Kiwi Bowl. Now before you think I am ridiculous (like a certain member of my household) let me explain. Kiwi are delicious, healthy, and cheap. I love them. But they make a bit of a mess in the fridge. And since I plan to keep them around on a regular basis, a designated bowl keeps their tiny hairs from getting everywhere.
Plus, this bowl is an awesome color for kiwis.

These are the flowers my hubby got me today. They are awesome. But even more awesome is the fact that hubby stayed home today and did all the cooking, cleaning, and disciplining, and dealt with all the whining. It was wonderful.

This is the deliciousness I drank today.
You know, to ensure that little baby also got to have a party on my birthday.

These are my birthday present from hubby. Oddly enough, for Hong Kong winters. Because a concrete flat with tile floors equals cold feet. And he thoughtfully got them a size too big because this winter, my feet will likely be huge.

And this. This, my friends, was my delicious birthday dinner. Steak, ribs, sweet potato fries, corn, and salad. A tiny little electric oven and a 2 burner stove...
my hubby is a genius. And I am so full.

Josiah asked me earlier today,
"Mommy, may I please blow out your birthday candles?"

So we blew them out several times and had a grand party.

See what a grand party?

So although a relaxing day was amazing, the food was incredible,
and my little party lovely, the best parts about my day were...

1. this little blessing,

2. this other little blessing that let hubby and I feel it kick today,
(Side Note: I've been feeling baby on the inside for a couple of weeks, but there's always a bit of uncertainty about whether it's really actually baby until I can feel the kicks on the outside. And yes, 16 weeks seems a bit early for Nathan to feel the baby, but it was the same with Josiah. Also, these kicks were felt before the caffeine consumption, just so you know. Back to the best parts of my day... )

3. this man... enough said,

4. and this. this adorableness.

We asked Papa to bring back stuff from the States... little boy undies, new sippy cups, etc... And look at how the Toy Story undies and sippy cup match. And just look at those little undies. And, oh my goodness, I have cuter pictures but it seemed like I probably shouldn't put them on the internet. So I didn't. I guess I don't have any excuse to not start potty training now... except for pure laziness. Maybe if I let him run around in undies all day long I'll be motivated by the cuteness.

It was a good day!

P.S. I've been singing Happy Birthday in Cantonese the last few days to try and get Josiah to do it. But he won't. During one of the candle blowing out times, we asked him to sing it in Chinese and he started, "Happy Birthday in Chinese..." and stopped suddenly, realizing that wasn't quite right but he didn't know why. Funny, funny.

Comments

  1. So glad you had a wonderful day. Wish I could have been there for the party because it looked like lots of fun. And to feel the baby kick...that's the best birthday present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!! I am so glad that you had a wonderful Birthday! you totally deserve it. it looks like your feast was kind of pretty much fantastic, (needless to say, i am jealous!) Love you guys, and happy birthday Shannon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday party was way much more fun than a moving-in party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and special day! You look radiant; Nathan looks tired; Josiah looks----just cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so....at the start, I thought a "Kiwi bowl" was a real thing....you know, in China. HAHA!

    PS - My mother-in-law potty trained both my kids by making them wear undies only for two days and taking them to the bathroom every 1/2 hour.....

    OH! and you are super cute pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you guys! I love you lots. Too bad I couldn't stop by for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Shannon! So weird to have seen Nathan's Dad at church on Sunday and then realize that he is there with you in China just a couple of days later. Don't know why that is so strange, I guess we have jets and all. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I always enjoy taking time out of my work day to check in on you all.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday my dear... I miss you and wish I could have celebrated with you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed the matching undies and cup right away. What a well dressed man!

    And I loved Nathan's attire as well! You are so blessed. Actually it's kind of a generational joke in our family that everything goes on your head (at any age) so the multiple hats would be common at a party.

    Heather Schutz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment