Let's call it... passion.

For those of you who saw my dad's Facebook update that said Josiah didn't cry at school yesterday... he did today. Lots of crying. Even though he told me all morning that he wasn't going to and we sang "If You're Happy and You Know It" on the bike ride to school. (With verses like "If you're happy and you know it, look at a tree!" how can you not be happy?)

Other kids cry at drop-off too. But mine cries louder and longer. Based on what I have observed at school, Sunday School, and the playground, I think Josiah also gets more excited and laughs louder and longer than other kids. So he's just more passionate all around, right?

Yep, that's what I'm gonna tell myself.


Anyway, here is the little student with a project he made last week.
That's a fishing pole with a paper clip in his right hand.

And here is a video of some of the things he's learning.


Apparently Cantonese and Mandarin aren't the only languages he'll learn.
We still can't decide about the soccer/football situation.


And some pictures of his homework, which he has everyday, without fail. The homework never takes more than 2 seconds, I just find it funny that he has it every day.


Usually he has one page that he did in class and the next page to do at home.

He also has another book that occasionally comes home for homework that is just a picture to color. As you can see below, he's not into coloring all that much.

But it's all fairly appropriate for him and he never refuses to do it. There's also one more homework book that just has him tracing dotted lines in various pictures. Preparation for character writing, I imagine.

Thankfully he's always very happy at the end of the school day.
But I'll keep expecting tears for another few weeks.
Thanks to everyone who is praying for him!

Comments

  1. When Evan was his age my mom would be walking him to the doors and then he would suddenly clasp onto something (tree, pole..) and start screaming, "You're making me dead, you're making me dead!!!!" at the top of his lungs... and my mom was one of the preschool teachers, parents normally looked very concerned:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Aria cries when I drop her off, I just ditch her in the arms of the daycare provider and rush out the door before she can play sticky baby with me... that's when she sticks to my legs and won't let go. Does Josiah play sticky baby with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous you can actually read his homework and therefore help him with it at home! I think I'm going to hire someone to help Ellie with hers (and maybe I can do her homework too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. At 3, Abbie started crying in the nursery at church. She had gone since being about 4 weeks old. Someone told me to give her my car keys so she knew I was coming back. It did seem to help. I don't know if you have something that could give Josiah that same assurance. I know how unnerving it can be for him and you. We'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for at least 2 years straight (Maybe even three) D cried every week when Josh took him to SS....without fail. He was practically BORN in the nursery but cried nonetheless. very common from about 2 years to 5 years of age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment