Smarter than monkeys?

A few weeks ago on the ferry, Josiah said to Nathan, "Dad, tell me about the body." So Nathan talked with him about bones, muscles, organs, etc.

A few days ago while sitting at the table eating lunch, Josiah said to me, "Mom, tell me about sharks." I don't really remember what I said. I'm not sure what I could have said. Josiah was clearly confusing me with his father.

After inflating a blow-up globe this morning, Josiah said to Nathan, "Dad, tell me about the world." Nathan proceeded to tell Josiah about continents and various countries.

Today at lunch, Josiah said, "Mom, tell me about animals."

Here's the thing. All these "tell me" statements work great with Daddy. Daddy can talk about most any subject with excitement and interest. He just knows random things. And even if he doesn't know something, he has the ability to talk about it intelligently, making you think he knows more than he does.

I am not smart like Daddy.

After staring at him blankly for a few minutes, Josiah refined his animal search and said, "Mom, tell me about monkeys."

We did talk about monkeys, though I'm not entirely certain what I said. When I related the conversation to Nathan later, he said, "Did you talk about the prehensile tail? Did you ask him what he thought it would be like to have another arm coming out of his bottom?"

Well... no.

But I am thankful for a curious little boy who loves to learn about the world. And a Daddy who loves to teach him. And for youtube videos and books full of information!


Anyway, this little monkey was very pleased with himself 
after winning the battle of the afternoon nap. 
(Which thankfully was only a battle because he took such a long morning nap.)

But I was rewarded by watching the two little monkeys play together. 


(Sorry for the long videos. It is just so awesome to watch your kids start to play with each other!)


And after all the laughter, the battle of the nap was no longer a battle.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the laughs! Daniel has such a good big brother as well as a smart daddy and mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the videos and the grandsons! Smarter than a monkey? Josiah is soon going to be smarter than his grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh MY. this is SOOO cute. the videos aren't long enough!!! this almost makes me want to have another kid. .....almost. ;) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josiah's brilliant mind and happy heart are a dynamic duo as he mentors his little brother....reflections of a blessed home indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TWO videos full of laughter - Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment