Some. Things.

Oops! I just realized I haven't posted since Monday. Let's see... what has happened since then?

1. Monday was my birthday! Happy birthday to me. Nathan and I went out to dinner while Papa watched Josiah. We went to pretty much the only restaurant open in this small town on a Monday night during the summer and had some good (mid-west) Italian food.

2. Tuesday we finally got Josiah moved into his own room! And he has slept there since. We're still having a problem with him waking up an hour or two after bedtime and wanting to stay awake and play, but otherwise he's sleeping really well at night.

3. Tuesday I went for a jog. I told Nathan I would probably be back in about 10 minutes (because I have not jogged in oh, so long) and he said not to come back in less than 15. So I jogged for 33 just to prove that I could (and because I got a little lost). While I played mind over matter games during those 33 minutes, I also had thoughts about motivation. Nothing profound, but just understanding more how I am motivated and how my husband is not motivated in the same ways and then wondering what things will motivate Josiah. Things to think about as the little one grows.

4. Wednesday I did not run because it rained all day. So I am stating publicly that I will run today, Thursday July 30. But probably not for 33 minutes. Unless you tell me I can't. And then I might. :)

5. And we have been doing other various things as well... writing a newsletter, changing our address, contacting friends, trimming shrubs, shoveling dirt, cooking organic chickens, and of course playing with the baby.

6. And now for the only 2 pictures I have for you today. This has not happened in so very long and it made Nathan so very happy! :)



Comments

  1. So...haven't had a chance to read your whole blog...Did you guys move out to the midwest permanently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I went and ran for the first time in a LONG time today, and my face was purple when I got home....why is exercise necessary???? :) Happy Belated Birthday!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Shannon! i wish you the best! also, for next time, you totally can not jog for 33 min... hah! crazy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment