the best of both worlds

I love the city.

I love the constant motion, I love the convenience, I love public transportation options. I also love walking to get places. I love that there is always something to do and something going on. We are a quick ferry ride away from the center of one of the biggest cities in the world.

I also love the mountains.

I love hiking, I love waterfalls, I love big trees, I love big rocks. I love simply looking at the mountains or knowing they are close. We are at the base of a range of mountains. Maybe not any of the biggest mountains in the world, but that is quite alright.

A 10 minute bike ride away from our house is the Mui Wo Waterfall.

It may not be the most spectacular waterfall ever, but it's pretty and it's nearby.

It has lots of little pools.

Which are great for throwing rocks.

And throwing rocks is pretty much one of the best things ever.

After hanging out with Daddy, of course.

I'm thankful to be in a place to enjoy both the God-made and the man-made. I'm thankful that my kiddos won't have to grow up in a complete concrete jungle. And I'm thankful that God allows us to serve Him here!

Comments

  1. What a sweet list of things your thankful for. Love the photos! So glad you've been able to settle into your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful for you! We love you guys and are so thankful to God for providing those things that touch and renew you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment