Imagine

I've been reading the Anne books. Hooray for free Kindle books! I'm a bit ashamed that I've watched the movies so many times but never read the books. So now I'm righting that wrong. Yesterday Anne inspired me to make a dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, veggies, and biscuits. Nathan said it was the best meatloaf he'd ever had. So next time you make meatloaf, put chili garlic paste in it. Seriously.

Anyway, Anne likes to imagine things. So imagine with me...

Imagine you just moved around the world and are trying to get a visa to live in another country. Imagine you suddenly need to produce your marriage license in order to get that visa. Imagine you go to look where you think all your important documents are and you can't find the folder. These imaginary important documents happen to include birth certificates, diplomas, marriage license, immunization cards, social security cards, etc. Thankfully, not passports, we knew imagine you still know where those are.

Anyway, imagine you then frantically search every known place in your small apartment and come up empty. You, of course, begin to imagine the hassle of trying to replace those documents. You imagine all the terrible things that could happen until you are able to replace them. You desperately try to imagine what could have possibly happened to that folder... but the past few months have been a blur of puking, house hunting, puking, moving, puking, settling that you're hardly sure where to begin.

Imagine what your friends and family will think of you... you irresponsible person that calls yourself an adult and thinks you're capable of moving to the other side of the world.

You imagine there is a small chance that you left it in the temporary housing. Of course, you haven't lived there for a month and who knows who has. But the imaginary owner of that housing is a super nice guy and able to connect you with the imaginary cleaning lady who will be there that very afternoon. So as your imaginary husband ferries (x2) over to another island, you pour yourself into Anne's imaginary world because it's far better than your own silly imaginary world. Who imagines such a stressful situation anyway?

Thankfully, both your imaginary world and Anne's imaginary world share happy endings. And dashingly handsome men.

Comments

  1. so does that mean you found them?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I *imagine* that would be a no good, very rotten day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth FuhrmanJuly 1, 2011 at 8:32 AM

    WOW! I hope you found them. When i was studying abroad, I was on a train to go to Prague and it wasn't until I got there did i realize I did not have my passport. SO I visited the US Embassy and got a paper saying my story. Upon re-entry to Germany, the guards just laughed at me. Hope you guys have some exciting plans for the 4th =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I think all that imagining would make me feel like puking and I am not pregnant. Hope you found what you were looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are such a wonderful writer....i hope there is a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am assuming from your last statement that you found the much needed documents. I also enjoy reading your blogs. I had to laugh at this one because I've probably seen the Anne movies as much as you have. (even though I know it wasn't funny at the time.) You're very creative in your writing...love it and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you ever think about writing? You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon does have a flair for the written word. That's another talent we were not aware of in her earlier years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yikes! incredible story....both the real and the fake....i was getting pretty anxious reading it!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. so I thought it was obvious that it worked out but josh says he didn't "get that" from reading your post and I see other people checking to see the results - did I infer something that wasn't there? ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading the Anne books on my Kindle app lately, too (yay, free books!). I started out just reading while nursing, but I forgot how much I loved those books and sometimes just keep going long after Soren is asleep. I've never seen the movies, so maybe I'll add that to the ol' to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment