Dr. Lisa Barden

Dr. Lisa Barden was one of my OB doctors. She didn't come to the group practice until the end of my pregnancy, but I saw her for 2 office visits and she discharged me from the hospital on Christmas Day. I really liked her. She made me feel comfortable and was very interested in my birth plan and birth preferences, unlike the doctor who actually delivered me. She was against unnecessary medical procedures, so I was surprised when she insisted that I take a prescription for pain meds, even though I told her I wouldn't take them. I never did get the prescription filled, but she has apparently filled plenty of prescriptions! She was arrested January 29 and has been charged with 276 felony counts related to illegally obtaining prescription medications. She has apparently obtained 30,000 pills of vicodin and oxycotin using identify theft. Most of the identity theft took place at her previous practice, but I get a year of free identify theft protection services since I was one of her patients. How bizarre! 

Comments

Post a Comment