Cliftons

The reunion was full of old people we didn't know, which has generally been my experience with reunions, so I didn't take a lot of pictures. I learned, however, that the idea that Cliftons are big and thick is only very recent. The previous generations of Clifton men could not have eaten even half The Dagwood. Here are Josiah, Nathan, Uncle Roger, and Cary.

I suppose there may be some similarities among these three (four?)...

After the reunion we went on a tour of Nathan's birthplace, the Star City of the South. This is where Nathan lived when he was born.
And the backyard.
This is the church missionary house Nathan often lived in on furloughs.
And the backyard.

It was a fun weekend visiting family, family friends, speaking with a missions committee at a church, and reminiscing. Josiah did great as usual, making friends with everyone. And now I hope he'll do great getting back into his routine of actually napping!

Comments

  1. I remember that house. I lived in the attic with my red tailed boa constricter. I was SUPER cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, old people.... i bet you wowed the crowds with the super-ness of lil joe! also i find that hard to believe that the large Clifton men is a recent development, its funny though...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment