Ankle Update

I went to the doctor today to get a checkup on my ankle. The doctor said the x-rays looked great and he couldn't see the fracture lines any longer. He thinks that my range of motion will continue to increase and my swelling will continue to decrease just through normal activities. So I don't think I'll do any physical therapy, just continue to exercise and chase Josiah. This past week I have noticed enough significant improvement that I am more hopeful of continued improvement without any additional intervention. I can run a few steps, jump a bit, and walk normally. It's been 3 months since surgery and the both doctors have said to expect at least 6 months for a full recovery. So hopefully in another 3 months I will be thinking about my ankle much less. I am very thankful!

Comments

  1. Good news, very good news! Thanks for the report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that i am posting late, but i am so thankful that you are recovering Shannon, hoorah for full recoveries!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment