Josiah's 15 Month Dictionary

Over the past few months, Josiah has begun to use actual words, though sometimes he has his own meaning. These are the words that he is able to say, though he certainly understands and responds to many more.

WORD: JOSIAH'S MEANING(S)
hi: hi
apple: any fruit, in particular apple, orange, kiwi, grapefruit
ball: ball
hot: new food given to him, something he shouldn't touch
book: book
up: upstairs
dow: down
more: more food; I want something and you need to guess what it is
out: outside; a place I want to go very badly and if you said the word you better take me
uck: truck
ick: trash can
Mama: Mama; Daddy; Papa
Dadu; Daddy, Mama; Papa
Papa: Papa, Daddy, Mama

Today I said the word "pacifier" and Josiah immediately went to the stairs, pointed up and said "more"... his pacifiers stay upstairs in his crib, of which he is very aware. Apparently we are entering the stage of spelling certain words. Good times.

Comments

  1. I wish I could be the one who takes Josiah outside. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. use made-up words or another language before spelling. so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment