A Week in NC: Part 2

I love the mountains. So very much. And I especially like the terrain of the North Carolina mountains... lots of creeks and rocks and trees. The last time I was in North Carolina I had a broken leg, so there was no hiking. It was also winter. This time, we managed a 2 mile roundtrip hike to a waterfall. My dad and I took turns carrying Josiah on our shoulders, which was fairly exhausting. The next day, my right quad hurt considerably more than my left... probably because I was protecting my left ankle. In any case, it was a great little hike and here are some pictures.



Drumming on a rock.
Resting at the top with cousin Andy.
I set Josiah on this rock to get pictures of him in front of the waterfall, but he just looked really awkward the whole time.
And was pretty relieved when I took him down.


Not a big waterfall, but still worth the hike.

These are just a couple of pictures of a walk we went on at my parents' alma mater. We went there to feed the ducks (pictures and video tomorrow) but what I want you to see is Josiah's running arm. He loves to run and often starts by cocking his elbow/shoulder/neck in a weird way. For some reason he thinks that's how he is supposed to run.
And generally he wants others to run with him.

I'm very thankful for an active boy who loves being outside!

Comments

  1. Paca is glad that Shannon & Josiah came to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like a wonderful hike, and great weather too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment