Swimwear Extremes

I know you are excited about this post.

But for the few who may be a bit wary, let me assure you that it could have been much worse if I would have included European men.

So here we go...
These girls are playing in the water, fully clothed.
And of course, they weren't the only ones.
For some, swimwear is not necessary.

For these girls, however,
swimwear is serious business.

And then there are the boys.
This one is sporting the speedo, which is better than the boys further down the beach playing in their whitie tighties!

You know where this is going right?


We're about to get to the other extreme...


Who needs swimwear anyway??
Well, in my not-so-culturally sensitive opinion, this kid!

Anyway! Back to Josiah...

He loves the water.

I think a bit more fear would be good for him though.
Maybe a bit more supervision, too, huh? :)

Flying high over Hong Kong!

It was good to swim on the other side of the Pacific.
I think we'll do this often!

Comments

  1. Welcome back to East Asia where just about anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And..."We're Glad He Loves the Water."

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were in Cambridge, England, they opened a wading pool at the local park as soon as the weather warmed up. Kids mostly ran around in either underwear or naked. I think the obsession with proper swimwear for children is definitely more of American thing than anything else!!! That said, I have to ask if this 'imodesty' is restricted to children in Hong Kong??? Or do they go the Europe route too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually feel nostalgic when I see the naked little boy. Makes me think of simpler times! If you think about it... less than 60 years ago most of china was still recovering from war and were still developing nations. My dad tells me stories about how him, his bros. and neighborhood friends would go swimming in the river... and yes... it was in the buff! Who had money for swimsuits back then? So yea... to simpler times!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment