Fail

I have been SO TIRED this week. I'm not exactly sure why, except that I think all my energy has gone to the little guy, who is CONSTANTLY kicking. The last few weeks I have been interpreting the baby's kicking in light of Josiah's aggressive tendencies. I end up imagining him trying to get out so that he can jump on me and tackle me... like Josiah does. It will be nice when they can do that to each other!

(We should tell you the baby's name, huh? Soon.)

Anyway, on Friday I woke up tired. All morning I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I sorta dozed on the bed while Josiah played in the laundry basket in our room. Then I laid on the couch while he played with toys. And by played with, I mean dumped all over the floor. I fell asleep, apparently.

I woke suddenly to the sound of my phone getting a text. I looked around and Josiah wasn't there. But the door was open. I ran to the open door and breathed a sigh of relief to realize that he was still in the stairway. In his underwear. He said he was going to the beach.

I was pretty awake after that.

And we need to put another lock on the door. Up high.


At least that epic failure is balanced by this epic cuteness:


Comments

  1. Want some comfort? You are SO not along in that. When Lucy was 1 1/2, (unbeknownst to me) she figured out how to unlock the front door and ran away...across a street...to the park. SO SCARY. Our lame apartment managers at the time (a.k.a UC Berkeley) took FOREVER to install a chain lock and for the next few days, everytime I left Lucy out of sight...she ran away. Once with a 4 month old baby crawling after her. We quickly installed a bunch of childgates and barricaded her in after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching Daniel once (when we lived in the townhouse on Valley View you remember that place right?) Anyway, I couldn't find him and got really scared when I realized he had left the apartment. I eventually found him in our garage playing. STUPID KIDS! ( I mean that in the most loving, supportive, good parenting way possible).
    In other words, you are not alone.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh's Brother Joe left his house too cuz he was mad at his mom (i think that's right) and was heading off to grandma's in Los Angeles! I think he was 5.

    I left my house when I was even younger early one Saturday and my folks say I came back with a party hat, a goodie bag and a piece of Birthday cake.....LOL I think it says more about Josiah's "Go-Get-em" personality than your parenting...hmmm sounds like a future blog for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- that is hilarious. You must have ended up at a birthday party! And Shannon, you are not a bad parent...just tired and pregnant. And I think that happens to not tired and pregnant moms anyhow. But it makes for a great story. And yes, he is epically adorable in his hat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment