Switcharoo

Today Nathan and I switched places.

Nathan stayed home with Josiah. They got groceries, washed dishes, hung laundry, played on the playground, and fixed dinner. A steak dinner, in fact.

I went to the office. And just like I used to do, I did my makeup on the commute. Only I think that doing my makeup on the ferry was probably much safer than driving the car while doing my makeup. Ya think?

There is some editing work that needs to be done at the office and in terms of time effectiveness, it makes more sense for me to do it. So we switched. And although my workday was only 6 hours, I was quite focused and productive during those 6 hours. I don't think I was ever able to spend 6 hours writing counseling progress notes without checking facebook a million times or wandering around to find a coworker to talk to. Maybe if I don't do this too often, I can continue to expect productivity. :)

But probably the most important thing I did all day was bring home Nathan's fork. The fork that he has used over and over without much more than a quick rinse in the bathroom sink. That fork is going to get a good soak and a good scrub!

Comments

  1. You are SOO funny! And I love that you brought home his fork to give it a nice thorough clean! Seriously, what would they do without us?! I guess maybe eat steak everyday with dirty forks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the expense of repeating myself, "When can we expect "Anne" (note the "e") to publish her first novel based around life on an island?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. nathan and his utensils. Remember "bring your own spoon" New Year's party? He practically brought a ladle! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment