Being 3

There are a ridiculous number of reasons why I need Nathan. But one that I feel very acutely everyday is the role he has in Josiah's playtime. I just cannot provide Josiah with the physical play that he wants and needs.

Mostly because he hurts me. Seriously, little 3-year-old legs kick hard.

And he wants to play far more aggressively than I want to.

Josiah's teacher told me yesterday that he was playing too rough with the other kids. And while I wanted to suggest that maybe that's because 40 minutes of large group sitting time is inappropriate for a 3-year-old, I know that he would play rough regardless.

So I am thankful for my boys' daddy. And I guess I need to add "remember to play gentle" to my list of reminders when I drop Josiah off at school everyday.

Comments

  1. I'm not sure who has more fun in these playtimes....good stuff....boys will be boys....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little boys (& little girls) need people-time so much more than time with things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, teach the boys. "Be gentle, I'm old and fragile" Those words have kept me up right and relitivley injury free with the boys in my life! Missing you,

    Heather Schutz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment