A Month of Snacks

Chinese culture values a healthy and diverse diet, even from a young age. Josiah is generally a picky eater, but attending school has forced him away from his typical snacks of fruit or pretzels or toast. And I do mean "forced," as this value is very strong at the school and a simple "no thank you" does not suffice. I know there have been some tears along the way, but his teacher reported that he did, in fact, eat his vegetable soup snack last week. Amazingly, Josiah's eating patterns at home have also improved... probably because at least we aren't making him eat pumpkin congee!

I thought you might be interested in Josiah's snack schedule for March:

Every Monday:
Fruit

Every Friday:
Cookies

But Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are quite diverse:
Broccoli Macaroni
Vegetable Soup
Tuna Fish Spaghettis
Tomato & Potato Soup
Sweet Potato Soup
Butter Corn
Bun
Hot Dog
Congee with Minced Pork
Bean Curd Porridge
Vegetable Noodle
Milk Oatmeal
Toast

(I'm pretty thankful that I don't have to eat some of those snacks!)
(And yes, the bun and the hot dog are on different days.)

Of course, he would always prefer this!

Comments

  1. That is a Great Picture! (said the grandfather who was a champion picky eater until he relocated to East Asia)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you read my mind on the bun/hotdog break out.....hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the chinese in me... but all of his snacks sound delicious! I will make sure to add some of those items to Aria's routine =D HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment