Crib Escape Update

I have two friends named Kelly, who have 7 children between them, are both excellent (though quite different) mothers, and who both told me to transition Josiah to a big boy bed. Which in his case would simply be a mattress on the floor. So I thought I should listen to them.

But Josiah did not get out of his crib after I put him down at both nap and bed times today. At nap time, he called me back in telling me of a non-existent "owie" but was quickly pacified with a kiss on his foot.

So now I'm not so sure. Is it possible he has learned to stay in his crib with such little effort? Should I be more concerned about the safety of him climbing out of his crib (remember, it's portable, not a real crib) or the safety of him hitting his head on the wall and floor in his very active sleeping habits? Will tomorrow be a completely different story? Probably.

Comments

  1. I'd still do it now. It is easier to change sleep patterns the younger they are and your life is going to be pretty topsy turvy next spring. So, I'd make the change while life is somewhat settled for a bit. that's my advice--take it or leave it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) That was nice of Josiah to give you a less exciting crib day! haha... It seems like either way you are going to end up having to make it an issue of "If you get out of this bed, Josiah, we are going to...(Fill in the blank)... so I think whatever you and Nathan decide will totally work, for either bed! If you do transition him, it would be one less thing you have to lug around with you over the next 6 months? Another thing I was thinking about was telling you to leave the pack-n-play thing up and put him on the floor near it.... that way, if he won't stay on his mattress you could put him in the pack-n-play... who knows maybe he'll LOVE the mattress. ? Who knows anything really? :-) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little boys love to do the escape thing. The question might be, "Can I give mom and headache AND make life be a bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment