The Prodigal Son Returns!

(And no, I'm not talking about Josiah's elevator incident from yesterday.)

A few months ago, we lost LarryBoy.

Remember how excited Josiah was when we got LarryBoy?

So you can imagine Josiah's repeated disappointment these past few months as he has asked for him and we have unsuccessfully looked for him. I knew he was in the house because after enduring several ferry rides, fearful that LarryBoy would take a plunge into the ocean, he was forbidden to leave the house. But after looking and looking, I figured we wouldn't ever find him until we moved from this flat.

Of course I failed to look in all of Josiah's toy buckets.

And so today, as I was organizing toys, I discovered LarryBoy at the bottom of a seldom used toy bucket. And there was much rejoicing.

I told Josiah he should tell Jesus thank you for helping us find LarryBoy and immediately he folded his hands and closed his eyes, "Dear God, thank you for helping us find LarryBoy!" It was probably the most sincere prayer he has ever prayed.

All day today, at random times... "Mom, I'm so happy we found LarryBoy!"

Me too, kiddo. Me too.


Comments

  1. Its like post thanks-giving magic!!! hooray for Larry Boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad that Larry Boy (once dead) is alive again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment